Moist Banana Muffins

>> Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I apologize for the lack of posts lately. I have been struggling with exams. This is my final semester. Yes, you heard it right. Final semester in my degree. Praying that I pass! Finally I decided to take a break yesterday after my third paper as I have only one last exam to go next week.

These muffins are so wonderfully moist. With the almost rotting bananas which have been sitting in the fridge for ages, they are so fragrant and rich in flavour. I had just enough bananas to make half the recipe. When I have a chance to buy some bananas again, I am definitely going to double the recipe!



Moist Banana Muffins

Ingredients

140 gm butter - melted
150 gm castor sugar
230 gm plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
454 gm mashed banana

Method

1. Combine plain flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Sift and set aside.
2. Add in half the sugar into the flour mixture.
3. In another bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, mashed banana and remaining half of the sugar. Mix well.
4. Fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture carefully.
5. Careful not to over-stir the mixture or the muffins will become tough and rubbery.
6. Scoop the batter into muffin molds or paper cups.
7. Bake at 180 C (or 170C for fan forced oven) for 25 minutes.
8. When the skewer comes out clean the muffins are ready.

A little trick from me: After your muffins have rested for 15 minutes on the wire rack, transfer them into a plastic container with the lid on. In this way, the remaining heat from the warm muffins will act as a steam to make your muffins more moist and tender. I usually do this to all butter cakes, cupcakes and muffins as well. Hope you will find it useful.




Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Ann@Anncoo Journal November 16, 2011 at 11:59 PM  

Your banana muffins look very pretty!
I would love to try this too :)
All the best, Weng! :)

Mariza November 17, 2011 at 10:18 AM  

I love your recopies! Especially the Asian deserts. Where do you get your cute cupcake papers? Or do you make them yourself?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

I'm a Malaysian girl, from Ipoh who is currently in Perth, Western Australia pursuing her studies in Psychology. I find great comfort in baking and cooking, and enjoy sharing them with my family and friends. Started my baking passion when I was 14, and continuing to love every bit of it! Welcome to my world of flour, eggs and butter !

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Licence (Malaysia)

Creative Commons Licence All sources at I heart My Bakes by Weng is protected by the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Licence (Malaysia). If you would like to use any of my work, please attribute appropriately. Thank you.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP