Sugar Donut Mufins

>> Monday, May 23, 2011

I have been missing from my kitchen for some time. No because I don't bake anymore, but firstly, winter is here which means the chance of having good sunshine is really rare. With my novel skills in photography, taking a perfect shot on a gloomy cloudy day is highly unlikely, and that also makes me highly reluctant to upload bad pictures onto my blog. Perfectionist. Nuff said.

Yesterday morning was such a perfect day. The Sun finally woke up after constant pouring this week. I am making breakfast for the girls and this is it. Sugar Donut Muffins. I am not sure about you, but to me Donut makes me think of buckets of oil, yummy, but sinful piece of dough. But this is different. Donut is now a yummy piece of dough, without the oil and sinfulness.

This recipe is definitely a keeper and I will make my BB try this when I reach home



Recipe for Sugar Donut Muffins
adapted from Baking Bites with slight modifications

2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar

1 1/2 cup of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk (low fat is fine)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Sugar and Cinnamon powder for rolling

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
2. In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Pour into egg mixture 4. and stir to combine. Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
5. Divide batter evenly into 10 muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. When muffins are done, lightly brush the top of each with some melted butter, remove from the pan and roll in sugar. Cool on a wire rack.



Exam is around the corner, so I am going to take a hiatus from blogging for quite some time. Till then, take care!! Align Center


Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

lena May 23, 2011 at 11:50 PM  

these muffins look so tempting and i'm sure they are really good. Good luck in your exams and take care !

Jean May 24, 2011 at 9:48 PM  

they look really delicious and i like how they are bite sized in case i over indulge...woops

The Sweetylicious May 25, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

this look so lovely! (:
all the best for exams (:

Alice May 28, 2011 at 12:31 AM  

my kids - who are donut fanatics - will love these cuties! thks :)

Foodness Gracious June 6, 2011 at 12:02 PM  

These look really cool! I too have limited light in my kitchen where my pics are taken and it's frustrating when you just cant get "that" shot, for the record your pics are awesome!!

petite nyonya June 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM  

these muffins are lovely to go with a cup of hot coffee to keep you warm. enjoy the winter since you can't do anythg abt it. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

I'm a Malaysian girl, from Ipoh who is currently in Perth, Western Australia pursuing her studies in Psychology. I find great comfort in baking and cooking, and enjoy sharing them with my family and friends. Started my baking passion when I was 14, and continuing to love every bit of it! Welcome to my world of flour, eggs and butter !

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Licence (Malaysia)

Creative Commons Licence All sources at I heart My Bakes by Weng is protected by the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Licence (Malaysia). If you would like to use any of my work, please attribute appropriately. Thank you.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP